Brakes are one of the most vital systems in your car, and for your safety and the safety of your passengers, it’s vital that your brakes are working perfectly. But searching for great brake repair Laguna Niguel options can seem overwhelming. How do you know if you need new brakes? And if you do, what does that entail?
Worn Brake Symptoms
If you notice any of the following symptoms, bring your vehicle in for brake service right away:
- “Soft” or “squishy” feel when you depress the brake pedal. This means that you likely have a brake fluid leak, and is an emergency. The vehicle should not be driven until the brakes can be inspected.
- A “squealing” or “screaming” sound when you use the brakes. This is an indication that your brake pads are worn down and need to be replaced.
- Longer braking time. This can be caused by a number of problems, from overheating your brakes to allowing the brake pads to get too thin.
What To Expect From Your Brake Service
When you bring in your vehicle to have your brakes checked out, the first thing your service professional will do is inspect your brakes to locate the problem. The correct repair will depend on the cause of any symptoms that you’ve been noticing. Repairs can involve:
- New brake pads
- New brake rotors
- Replacing or repairing brake fluid lines
- Repairs to other parts of the hydraulic system, such as seals
Most often, brakes will simply have been worn out. How quickly brakes wear down depends mostly on your driving habits and environment. If you drive in heavy city traffic with frequent stops, or if you drive downhill much of the time and have to use the brakes frequently, you’ll wear down your brake pads and rotors more quickly than if you do mostly highway driving. Typically, brake pads and rotors are replaced at the same time, since their surfaces interact.
While it might seem like you can “get along” with underperforming brakes, we strongly advise you not to take risks with your safety and with the safety of other drivers in that manner. Additionally, if you elect to repair your brakes as soon as you notice something is off, repairs are typically much less expensive. It costs less to replace brake pads, for example than it does to work on the hydraulic system of your vehicle. With cost-effective, fast, and professional brake service available to you in our shop, there’s no reason to take risks with your brakes. Instead, give us a call today, and let us get you safely back on the road.
Brake Replacement – www.openbay.com
What To Expect From Brake Repair Shops – www.superpages.com