Is your Mercedes Benz air conditioner not working or is blowing hot air?
The Air conditioning system on your Mercedes-Benz includes many sensors and components including the air conditioner compressor. Being the heart of the entire system, the A/C compressor’s role is to add pressure by taking the refrigerant and compressing it. Thus, it is important to understand how to check if the A/C compressor is engaging or not so as to avoid exorbitant fees for Mercedes Benz repair Laguna Niguel.
Here are the basic steps to know when troubleshooting the A/C system of your Mercedes Benz:
- First, we make sure we have the right tools. You will need a Recharge Kit which you can purchase at the local auto parts store. The kit includes a gauge that you can use to test your A/C system initially.
- Second, is to turn the A/C On. If you have an Economy button, make sure that is off. Then set the cooling fans on high on the climate control while the temperature selector is set to the lowest or cold setting.
- Since cars like the Mercedez Benz are designed to have the radiator cooling fan kick in when the A/C is on, make sure to check if the cooling fans on the radiator are working when the air conditioning is turned on.
- Identifying the location of your compressor is another way to check if the clutch is engaging on the compressor. However, if the clutch is engaging and disengaging rapidly, it could be an issue with the refrigerant.
- Be careful not to overcharge the air conditioning system as this could be dangerous and could create problems. If you have a little pressure, then check for leaks as it is the most common problem associated with the air conditioning system.
- Also, check the fuses under the hood or the dash and find the A/C fuse. Make sure it is not blown.
- Finally, check the clutch itself to make sure it is not defective. If there is voltage going to the clutch, a fuse may be blown. A blown fuse would indicate that the system may not have enough refrigerant pressure to tip the low-pressure cutoff switch that cycles the compressor.
Diagnosing problems with an air conditioning system can be very complicated. For any issues not covered above, a professional Mercedes Benz repair Laguna Niguel mechanic or technician should be consulted.